Wednesday 1 February 2017

Citadel Chaos Knights - Foot and Mounted


 This is my first post of the year having gone through January without one. Not that I haven't been busy painting, mind. It's been a case of working on several figures at once and trying to get a few things boxed off.


 So here we have the Chaos Knights from the C33 Adventure Pack Series; each having a foot and mounted variant consisting of a General, Hero, Champion and Knight.


 Now the mounted guys were initially painted about 3 years ago but they have been freshened up (armour re highlighted) and had a few details picked out plus a rebase (for some reason I'd painted the bases brown before, which didn't match with the rest of the army). The versions on foot have been waiting a long time to get done.


 I've always been a huge fan of characters mounted and on foot and these four have been among my favourite sculpts for the past 30 years or more. The armour design (by The Perrys) is so characterful.

Chaos General 

Chaos Hero 

 I spent a long time tracking all these guys down back in the 90's before the days of eBay. They never made the transition to the 1988 catalogue so became increasingly difficult to get hold of.

Chaos Champion 

Chaos Knight

 I'm kind of working on getting all chaos army stuff wrapped up over the next week or so. I'll be resuming it in a while but there are other projects I want to make a start on.

No comments:

Post a Comment