Monday 26 October 2015

Torranga-Sama, Champion Of Khorne, Chaos Warband Leader



 I didn't want to get too far into this warband project without painting its leader. This has proved a major headache and I had to scrap the initial plan of one of Jes Goodwin's Khorne Champions converted on a juggernaut. It was all going perfectly well until I had issues with the jugger colour scheme and wasn't happy with the opening stages of the champion. This is not the first time I have destroyed a perfectly good Realm of Chaos Champion;  I can think of at least EIGHT who have bit the dust over the years in attempts to convert into mounted characters. The mere thought of it makes me throw up in my mouth.
 Anyway, in the end I went for this guy mounted on one of the three excellent Realm of Chaos steeds.




 Part of me feels like I have wimped out with a slightly less ambitious creation. In fact, it has proved to be a bit of a ball ache all the way; various fuck ups hindering me as I toiled to get him painted. It feels like this whole warband project has been a bit of an ill-fated voyage what with endless figure selection problems (and I'm still not finished there) and numerous frustration. I hope this can change and I start enjoying this project like I was supposed to be.





 Once a Marienburger nobleman named Dirk van den Ruitenbach, he opted to walk the path of Chaos, changing his name to Torranga-Sama.
 As yet, his rewards have been few; his Chaos Steed He'khar, mandatory Khornate armour and the power of regeneration but he has acquired a number of loyal followers; Thugs, Chaos Dwarfs, an Ogre, Troglodytes and the like.


Torranga-Sama accompanied with an Ogre follower

So next up will be more of the Champion's retinue

No comments:

Post a Comment