Wednesday 14 January 2015

Emperor Karl Franz


 It's been exactly a month since my last post. Over the Christmas period, I had intended to get plenty of painting done, especially as I decided to break up from work early as well. It didn't exactly pan out like that, however, with a combination of not having decided on what to work on as I wait on purchasing some more Elves and the usual festive distractions.
 Anyway, I finally decided on having a crack at this guy. I've always been a big fan of this figure and I think his face is one of the best ever sculpted but he is challenging and I have attempted him a few times in the past and not been happy with it.






 I have to say that the griffin was mind numbingly boring to paint. I decided to go for a lot of neutral colours to contrast against Emperor Karl; not that he looks very brightly coloured in these photos.
I also opted out on painting its skin in a tiger pattern like a lot of other painted versions out there as it didn't seem to go with the shade of fur I'd already given it. Well that's my excuse! 


No comments:

Post a Comment